Thursday, March 8, 2007

Society

I just read an interesting article on time travel.
It seems that most scientists think it is impossible to travel back in time. A minority believe it is theoretically possible but impractical.
But, traveling to the future is theoretically possible but you probably won't be able to come back.
Interesting.

But, this brings me to a point not about physics but about people.
When looking at my life there are many things that I would like to change.
If it was possible to go back in time and tell myself in the past what not to do and do, I would.
But that is not at all possible.
I have for the past few months tried to make everything count in my life. So that I won't look back and wish to go back in time.

Time machines are a part of our fantasy. Some dream about it and would use it to fix something in the past. So, my philosophy is living life to the fullest so that there won't be a need to fantasize about a time machine.

Many people would also fantasize about using a time machine to change the course of history. Like killing Hitler or stopping him from achieving power.
That is a noble cause, so my answer would be instead of wishing to change the past, lets change the present for the good. So that your children wouldn't want a time machine to fix something that happened in our time. :)

Article mentioned :
time travel

No comments: