Thursday, May 3, 2007

Throat Singing

I will start of May with throat singing.
I was playing around on the internet when I found something very interesting.
The sound was so strong and almost cuts through your soul.
It was very vivid for me, and reminded me of a sound a Buddhist would create.
This sound is produced by a technique called "Throat singing".
It is an unusual but pleasant sound.

Here is a link to the first song I heard which might be my favorite one.
It is performed by Amyr Akchin from the Altai region of Siberia : Altai Kai Throat Singing
You have to listen to the whole thing.

This guys is showing off his throat singing ability to some Americans,from what
I can tell from the video. He is pretty good: Mongolian Throat-singing, dissected

Here is a link of a guy who makes wobbly sounds (due to lack of a better term I am using wobbly ). To me it sounds wobbly

Here is a link that has more info. on throat singing: khoomei

Do it yourself

No comments: